Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our Engagement Day 23.02.08


On Thursday night, January 16, 2008, Rahadian took me to have a nice quiet dinner at Brighton Le Sands, assuming it was because we have just found out the great news of him becoming an uncle in nine months time. I thought he was going to take his family and i to have a dinner together, but turned out that he was taking ONLY me out on a weekday "dinner", which is quiet weird since we usually only go out on the weekend. So I asked him "What's the occasion?" he said, "Oh nothing, just want to take you out."

We got there not long after, he sat me down and we ordered our food.

We talked pretty much about anything. I was really excited of him becoming an uncle! Then we also talked about how great things have been for the both of us since we got together. We found it so much easier to connect to one and another, not only to each other but also to both our families. My family seem to love him, the first time he was around and vice versa, I have never felt so welcomed and comfortable with another family, but his. I love his mother, and i adore how much of a great role model she is. His father is very wise, and very easy to talk to, we could talk for hours. His brother is such a nice person, very genuine and cares for his family. Nothing seems to be better than a man(person) who cherish their family so much. That is one of the reasons why, i adore Rahadian, it is his ability to be a family man, the one who look after his family and i know one day, he can take good care of me too.

Not long after he spoke about how easy things have been for the both of us, Rahadian asked if i wanted me to be with him, and to spend the rest of my life with him as his wife..

It sure was the happiest day of my life and there is no way i could say no to that request. I will get married to him whenever, wherever.. Even in a potato sack dress
if it means that I could spend the rest of my life with him.

Picture above, is right after i said yes!! x

About few days after i said yes, he approached both my parents and ask my father for my hand in marriage. They say yes, and they were happy for us. I know that my parents were not too worried handing off their little girl to Rahadian who will take just as good care of me as my parents have. They also know that Rahadian will make the commitment.. that he’ll always honor, respect, and cherish their daughter.

We were officially engagement on Saturday, 23 February 2008, three days right after my 21st birthday :)


My gorgeous ring. x


Here's the slideshow of the special day.

No comments: